Signifier® Medical Technologies and British Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine to Host Webinar on Latest Advances in the Management of Sleep Disordered Breathing
Free CPD-certified webinar to be hosted live on Wednesday, 29 April at 16:00 BST
LONDON, 20 April 2020
– Signifier Medical Technologies today announced that it will host a webinar about the latest advances in the management of sleep disordered breathing and the role of dentistry in sleep medicine on 29 April, 2020 at 16:00 BST in collaboration with the British Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
The webinar will feature two experts on sleep disordered breathing: Dr. Aditi Desai, President of the British Society of Dental Sleep Medicine (BSDSM) and President and Co-Founder of the British Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (BADSM), and Professor Anshul Sama (FRCS), Founder and Chief Medical Officer of Signifier Medical Technologies and Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon at the University of Nottingham.
Dr. Desai and Prof Sama will cover the following topics in this free CPD-certified webinar:
- Snoring and Sleep Apnoea: understanding the condition
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea and Dentistry: standard of care and the role of the dentist Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) in the management of sleep disordered breathing
“Dentistry plays an increasingly important role in sleep medicine and this webinar will shed light on important developments in this space; NMES could represent additional, valuable treatment optionality,” said Professor Anshul Sama.
The webinar will include a Q&A session with the speakers. Please register HERE.
About Signifier Medical Technologies
Signifier Medical Technologies, previously known as Snoozeal, is a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative and non-invasive solutions for patients with snoring and sleep disordered breathing conditions.
Signifier’s proprietary therapy is the first and only day time genioglossal muscle-neurostimulation technology, with proven clinical data from prestigious and well-recognised universities and academic institutions, that provides a safe and effective treatment for its patients. 1, 2
- A.Sama et al. Daytime Intraoral Neuromuscular stimulation with Snoozeal® for treatment of Snoring and Mild Sleep Apnea. CHEST Annual Meeting Notes, 2018
- E.Wessoleck et al. Intraoral electrical muscle stimulation in the treatment of snoring. Somnologie (Berl). 2018; 22(Suppl 2): 47–52.
For media enquiries:
+44 (0) 207 096 0586