Senior Electronic Engineer
To apply for this position, please submit your CV including evidence showing how you meet the requirements to email@example.com
Senior Electronic Engineers at Signifier Medical Technologies develop electronic hardware that make a difference to people’s lives, and help our business thrive. Our Senior Electronic Engineer design innovative medical devices that improve people’s lives.
You will be involved in all stages of technology and product development including invention, analysis, computational modelling, prototype design, testing, process development, and manufacturing.
Your solutions must be ready for high volume manufacture.
As well as bringing depth in electronic engineering, your technical breadth will enable you to quickly grasp new ideas and collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
You will contribute to and lead ambitious projects, working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams with a high degree of devolved responsibility. Your project planning skills and judgment will enable you to balance carefully the uncertainties of R&D with time and budget constraints. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to shape outcomes and contribute to team goals.
You will grow strong, collaborative relationships with stakeholders and prospective stakeholders, understanding them along with their strategy and vision, developing plans that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the successes and setbacks of challenging technology projects. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of business.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- A first or 2:1 in electronic engineering or a related discipline from a world-class university.
- Experience in developing medical devices from concept to production, experience with hardware and software development.
- Working knowledge of the ISO 13485.
- Project management skills are ideal.
- A hands-on attitude. You enjoy taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test using rapid prototyping techniques.
- Communication skills. You enjoy collaborating and presenting your work to others and explaining why it matters to them.
- Drive. You take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
- Leadership. You build collaboration by engaging with the needs and perspectives of clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders, enabling you to act in others’ interests, build confidence, and establish trust.
- Insight. You demonstrate technical and commercial insight and the ability to apply these to development decisions, and to uncovering commercial opportunities.
- Initiative. You take action to exploit opportunities – whether technological, commercial, personal, or otherwise – and make the most of them.
This role is open to applicants who are experienced professionals.
- A few years into your career you will have a demonstrable track record, but still have plenty of scope to develop. Tell us about your achievements.
- As an experienced professional, you will be able to demonstrate your technical and commercial impact. Tell us how you can expand Signifier Medical Technologies’ capabilities or build a new area of business.
How to apply
Please submit your CV including evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org showing how you meet the requirements above.